Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 8 ounces toffee bits
- Otional: Sea salt, such as fleur de sel
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oat flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. On low speed, add in flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in oats, and then toffee bits. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion onto cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until very lightly golden, but still soft to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: Oats are naturally gluten-free, but look for a brand labeled as such to be sure they were processed on equipment not used for foods containing gluten.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.