Grahamothers Graham Cracker Bars
Prep time :
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup walnuts nuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Line 9 x 13-inch pan with whole graham crackers, set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt better and add sugar. Beat egg and milk together then add it to butter. Bring to a boil stirring constantly over low heat. (If you get any cooked egg whites, strain from mixture.)
- When mixture boils add nuts, coconut and graham cracker crumbs, stir to blend all ingredients.
- Pour over crackers in pan and put a layer of whole graham crackers on top. Pour icing over the top.
- Icing: Mix all ingredients together and beat until smooth. Pour over top of cookie and chill. Cut into squares.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe from Homemade Good News
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: hollyruss :: Jen P :: susan t :: None :: Chef Bubba :: Paula H :: pien2013 :: Rita :: donnawqo :: michael :: DANA HAWKINS :: Scott Z :: jean scott :: Judi A :: Mrs K :: Beth S Isaacs :: anthony :: ChefPatt :: Delorce :: Cooks 4 kids