Lemon Ice Box Bars
Prep time :
- 7 sheets graham cracker squares, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon, packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (1 envelope) powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Line an 8-inch square with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter and brown sugar. Stir together with fork. Press firmly into the bottom of lined pan. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Into stand mixer add cream cheese and condensed milk. Beat on high until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- In a ramekin (or small bowl) add gelatin and boiling water. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Stir gelatin into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust. Refrigerate overnight OR until filling is firm.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: dianajury :: billie :: ryn johnson :: Veronica MB :: reneenlloyd :: Veronica Q :: Bethc :: ashleeshanks :: pawpaw :: Lorie :: MSNICETK :: georgiegirl :: TracyO :: Chong :: Hassan S :: Lori Ayler-Chambers :: joe :: Wanda C :: ChefShan :: Queen Wallace