- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, milk, vanilla and food coloring and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in white chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (You can do this by hand or with stand mixer.)
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, drop cooke dough on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches for spreading. If desired, press decorative sprinkles into the the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will not look cooked in the center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.