- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Melt butter until just melted (do not boil) and add brown sugar. Mix in eggs one by one and combine well.
- Add ingredients and mix until just combined. Add chopped pecans.
- Spread mixture on a parchment lined or buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and place in until light golden about 23 - 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.