- 2/3 cup shortening (1/3 cup organic butter and 1/3 cup butter flavor crisco)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (preferably organic or ground sea salt)
- 6 ounces Hersheys Special Dark Chocolate Chips
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Blend dry ingredients into sugar & shortening mix. Then, mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet or stone. Use a melon scoop for the perfect size cookie.
- Bake about 9 to 12 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove & cool slightly then move to cooling rack.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Something about the dark chocolate chips makes these cookies irresitable!
This Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.