- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 bags Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and set aside. Place parchment paper on a 9 x 13 inch cookie sheet.
- Mix butter until creamy but not until light and fluffy. Then add powdered sugar, tea leaves (not steeped, just dried tea leaves from tea bags) and salt and combine well.
- In one step, add flour and mix until just combined. Add cranberries without overmixing.
- If firm enough to handle, roll dough into 2 logs long length of a 9 x 13 inch cookie sheet. (If too soft, chill dough in freezer for about 30 minutes) Place logs on cookie sheet and place in freezer for about 30 minutes or overnight.
- Cut logs into 1/3 inch thick circles and place flat on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven once cookies are no longer cold. Bake until light golden on edges, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.