- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 pouches (1/2 cup) Dixie Crystals Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (approx 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine: butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar contents of Redi-Measure pouches and egg on low speed for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is creamed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to mixing bowl and mix on low until blended. Scrape edges of bowl and mix on low speed for additional 1 minute or until completely mixed.
- Blend in remaining ingredients on low or mix by hand as to not crush chips and nuts.
- Use a teaspoon to portion out cookies on to ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes (depending on oven). Edges of cookies should be brown and tops light brown when cookies are finished.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
This recipe can also be found on the back of our products below:
- 1 pound Light Brown Sugar Box
- 1 pound Light Brown Sugar Poly Bag
- Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar Pouches