- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking (not instant or old fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add oil both sugars and mix 2 more minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Drop batter in 2 tablespoons amounts onto parchment lined or well buttered cookie sheets. Press slightly down.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden.
- Sandwich cookies together with cream cheese filling.