- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Beat in eggs one at time and scrape bowl in between. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together remaining ingredients and add in one step to creamed mixture. Blend until just mixed.
- The dough is easier to handle when chilled first for about two hours.
- Make small balls with dough and roll them using Cinnamon Sugar Shaker or blend ingredients for cinnamon sugar. Place balls on parchment lined or lightly buttered baking pans. Press balls lightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!