- 2 lbs frozen or 2 lbs 8 oz fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Lemon Sour Cream Biscuit Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon, no white bitter pith
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If using frozen peaches defrost until they reach room temperature. If using fresh, peel and then cut in half, remove the pits and cut each half in 4-5 slices.
- Combine peaches with sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon.
- Melt butter and add into mixture. Pour into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, meanwhile make biscuit topping.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using a grater, grate cold butter onto large eyes of grater directly into flour mixture. Toss around.
- Add sour cream and lemon zest and toss/stir using a large spoon. Do not press together or try to make dough. Just mix until it appears to be somewhat evenly combined but is still lumpy.
- Remove cobbler from oven, sprinkle lemon sour cream biscuit topping onto partly baked cobbler and return to oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes. Ensure topping is golden and filling is bubbling before removing cobbler from oven.
- Let cool slightly, but serve warm. Add vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.