- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 4 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen; rinsed
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- To make pastry dough, add flour, salt and butter to bowl of food processor. Pulse using dough setting until dough becomes size of an M&M. Start adding water a tablespoon at a time, pulsing between each addition, until dough shapes into a ball.
- Dust a flat surface with flour. Place dough on flat surface and coat dough, hands and rolling pin with flour. Roll flat. This recipe makes 3 pie crusts.
- In a medium bowl, add blackberries and sprinkle with sugar. In a measuring cup, combine flour and water and stir until flour is dissolved. Pour over berries. Add melted butter to berry mixture and fold in gently to coat well.
- Grease 6 ramekin bowls with butter. Spoon berries and juice into bowls, leaving room for pastry. Roll out pastry dough to cover each bowl, leaving enough dough to overlap and seal each ramekin. Press edges with fork and cut slits in top of each to allow steam to escape. Slice tablespoon of cold butter into six pieces and place inside slit of each cobbler.
- Place ramekins on lined cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool and serve warm with ice cream.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe created by Marsha Jones at Mrs. Jones' Style. This Blackberry Cobbler was the 2nd runner up in the 2016 Sweet n Southern Blog Life University Recipe Contest.