Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:04 to 0:06
- Wash peaches and cut in half. Not necessary to peel or remove stones at this point.
- Bring sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil. Add peaches and return to boil. Once boiling turn to low simmer and gently turn peaches over once in a while to ensure even poaching.
- Remove peaches from liquid after about 5 minutes or when an inserted paring knife goes in easily. Do not discard poaching liquid.
- When cool enough to handle, peel peaches and remove stones. Cover with plastic food wrap. When poaching liquid has reached room temperature place peaches back into liquid to keep moist.
- Puree raspberries until completely liquefied. Run through a sieve to remove seeds. Place in bowl and add remaining sugar. If desired a small amount of berry liquor can be added.
- Serve when peaches are cold, or if desired serve warm. For the latter reheat poaching liquid and allow peaches to become warm.
- Serve with ice cream, raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- Poach peaches in advance so when your guests are ready to be served it will only take you minutes to bring it all together.
- If desired, a small amount of berry liquor can be added to the raspberry puree.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: stacy l dominger :: Kell :: Lisa :: Enresto G :: Casie Adams :: Julie :: jdanaya22 :: Amber :: Rebekah Reynolds :: alison :: ChefGranny :: Kat Cagle :: JM S :: Lori B :: Ellen H :: Georgia S :: Debra Rosario :: Tara :: becky :: Amy A