- 4 ripe peaches or one bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pouches (1/2 cup) Dixie Crystals Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 peach
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using fresh peaches slice in even slices and place on bottom of a 9 x 9 inch bake proof pan
- Pour on lemon juice and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a bowl sift flour and baking powder together. Add salt and sugar. Using a whisk, mix in milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour thin cake batter over the peaches. Drizzle melted butter over cake batter and place in oven. Bake until center is golden brown and bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 35-40 minutes.
- When removed from oven, decorate with fresh peaches and raspberries and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.