Slow Cooker Cherry Crisp
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1:30 to 0:02
Slow cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Optional: 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract, if desired.
- Spoon cherry pie filling into a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon crumble mixture over cherry pie filling. Cover; cook on High setting for 1 1/2 to 2-hours or until topping is golden brown and cherry filling starts to boil.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
To prepare in oven: Spoon pie filling into a lightly greased 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with crumble topping. Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: micki :: Kay N :: graygirl :: Elise Lloyd :: RGHarkins :: Melanie :: Cakedecoratorshannon :: kbsaliers :: TAD :: JButler :: Pat :: Gmac :: megan :: lsmking :: Mary :: Jessica J :: sherry m :: Nicole :: aad :: Shemeka