Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:17
- 1 (16.25 oz) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs whites
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup, plus additional for dusting Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, water, egg whites, butter, almond extract and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- While cupcakes cool, make the cream filling. In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sliced strawberries into whipped cream. Slice the tops off each cupcake and fill with whipped cream mixture. Place cupcake top back on and sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: gayatri p :: Dori :: Jennifer Pitts :: Lin :: alicia :: DivineDiva :: kim :: JTempletn :: LunaGrace :: stephanie stewart :: teresa stephens :: Sheryll Wade :: Jason Henry :: Michael Gainey :: Rena M :: bettysugar :: Amanda :: maysonsmom :: Beverly Wheeler :: jennifer burnette