- 1 1/4 cup cake flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 10 fresh strawberries, tops cut off
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Peheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk milk, egg whites and vanilla bean paste in a separate bowl until foamy. Add to butter mixture, beating until completely combined. Gradually add flour mixture to running mixer and beat until fully incorporated, about a full minute on medium-high speed.
- Distribute batter to each cupcake liner, filling 2/3 of the way up. Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in hot pan a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream to soft peaks. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. You want it to be stiff enough to pipe onto cupcakes.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, hollow out the centers with a spoon and stuff a strawberry in the center of each. Pipe whipped cream frosting on top.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.