Balsamic Strawberries with Cookies n Cream Ice Cream
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4 - 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups good quality balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon (use only for dessert applications)
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 pint cookies and cream ice cream
- Few basil leaves, cut in strips
- In a saucepan combine balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil and turn to a strong simmer.
- Cook mixture until it starts to thicken and thinly coats the bottom of saucepan when pan is tilted. Reduce to slightly less than 1/2 cup. Time will depend on type of heat source and pan. Do not worry as you can thin out the glaze later with a few drops of almond liquor or water if it is too thick.
- Once cooled check the consistency, it should coat a strawberry without sliding off immediately. If too thin, return to heat.
- Add vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Arrange washed and stemmed strawberries on plates or in bowl and serve with ice cream.
- Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with basil.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: You might consider making the glaze outside on the grill as it creates a strong smell during cooking.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mandi :: Sonja Gail :: Peanut :: nora alexander :: Tristalyn :: coupon gal :: W Eldridge :: Dess :: lil_deb :: Mary Reid :: surveylady :: LordGarnett :: fruitcake76 :: Cherrill :: kn b :: Ange McPhail :: April F :: heather :: Barbara K :: Jennifer M