Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4 jars (1/2 pint each)
- 8 cups fresh blueberries, gently washed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- Place blueberries and water in base of a medium sized heavy bottomed stainless steel stock pot. Using a potato masher, crush blueberries slightly. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and then turn heat down to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally while blueberries release their juice.
- Remove pot from heat and ladle blueberries and juice into a fine sieve set over a glass bowl. Use back of a ladle and press berry solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard solids.
- Return accumulated blueberry juices back to pot and add sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens slightly. Stir in lemon juice and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove syrup from heat and ladle into hot, sterilized jars leaving ¼ inch head space. Wipe rims with a wet, clean paper towel and center a lid on each jar. Put band on and tighten just to finger-tip tight. Process jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove jars, cool and store.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Hilda C :: Ang P :: lorijbusby :: Andrea M :: Barbi K :: Jen :: Kenna Rivers :: LAURA S :: Crystal H :: fred :: sweetnsouthern :: lili1977 :: britt :: missie :: Amy Harmon :: roo :: chris o :: kguzzy10 :: Jo C :: lora g