Fresh Raspberry Frosting
Prep time :
Enough for 12 cupcakes
- 1/3 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 16 ounces Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, blend raspberries until smooth. Strain raspberries through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds.
- Using whisk attachment of mixer, cream butter or margarine and until light and fluffy. Sift powdered sugar. Add sifted powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Add one tablespoon of strained raspberry puree at a time, mixing well between each addition, until frosting is desired consistency. Top dessert with fresh raspberries, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angela Litzinger @Angela's Kitchen.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: laura :: mike :: tirtahardja :: Amy Taylor :: cdnsilly :: courtney :: JessieGivens :: BGROOMS :: RB :: Ashgarrison :: mymesh :: Evielula :: cuellar2013 :: Alexa :: Susie :: Heather D Burrell :: Crystal :: Lakeesha P :: P J F :: Cmorris