Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1 3/4 cups lemon curd
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- In a non reactive saucepan bring lemon juice and half of sugar to a boil.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs for 2 minutes and quickly whisk in remaining sugar. Pour half of boiling lemon syrup into eggs and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture into remaining lemon syrup and whisk back to a boil. Boil for 1 minute while constantly whisking and mixture has the consistency of thick bubbling honey. Remove from heat and cover with plastic food wrap.
- Mix gelatin with water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin and stir into above. Once incorporated add SOFT butter in small nuggets and stir with a spatula. If butter was too cold and refuses to dissolve in curd, place for a few seconds in microwave. Let cool in refrigerator.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Joyce E :: TANIA :: Shawkinone :: Scott :: toniajboo :: cora :: reece :: rguerrero :: Sandra T :: Tina L :: cls971 :: Sonnya :: Rebecca R :: Treeka :: dorispat :: Lori :: Dee :: Mommyof2 :: Vicky :: Regina