- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 3 cups sifted Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with cream or milk. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.
Optional Variations: You can increase the vanilla extract to 1 tablespoon for more of a vanilla flavor.
Chocolate Frosting: Add 3 squares of melted unsweetened chocolate to butter.
Cinnamon Frosting: Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with vanilla and salt.
Brown Butter Frosting: Lightly brown butter in heavy skillet before blending with sugar and salt.