Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
Prep time :
1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 ounce best quality chocolate (60-70% cocoa) Higher cocoa = stronger chocolate flavor)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan bring heavy cream and sugar to a boil. Pour boiling cream onto the chopped chocolate. Add butter.
- Whisk until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- The chocolate sauce or ganache can be reheated in a microwave oven at a later time. For a thinner consistency add more boiling cream or milk.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
When warm use this as a delicious sauce over cream puffs, ice cream or other desserts. At room temperature use this to frost cakes, blondies, brownies, etc.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: peggy :: Elvira S :: Barb :: bp :: Dulce Ramirez :: Cassandra R :: c l :: teads :: debml :: phil :: Ciji L Miconi :: tdr38 :: LA :: Judy H :: miclexdan :: Buffy :: sue :: Lisa B :: Jennifer D :: Kenya Evans