Dark Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
Prep time :
Frosting for a 9-inch cake or 12 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon or 1/3 cup of soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups sifted Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1.25 oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Bring heavy cream and 1/4 cup milk to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup chopped unsweetened chocolate. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Boil remaining 1/4 cup of milk and whisk in 1/4 cup of finely chopped unsweetened chocolate until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with both chocolate mixtures. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.
- Garnish with dark chocolate pieces as desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Michelle Regala :: Doris A :: la :: Chef Robinson :: asparks825 :: Diane Vandewater :: Debra :: Dianna H :: sheila R :: Amanda M :: char :: spoiledmammaw :: Dawn Williams :: Christian W :: Dawn :: da wa :: Betty :: leslie :: Meredith :: Vanessa