Dulce de Leche Cortada
Prep time :
One square baking dish
- 8 eggs, beaten one by one with a hand mixer in a bowl
- 6 cups milk
- 4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few drops of rum
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Put milk and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just before boiling point (when bubbles form around edges).
- Gradually add lime juice and sugar. Do not stir until mixture separates and becomes lumpy.
- Add eggs slowly, stirring constantly and when mixture forms a thick, smooth consistency, add raisins, rum and vanilla. Let cook 5 more minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof (Pyrex) dish and let cool, then refrigerate. Mixture will be lumpy.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Can be served as a delicious topping for chocolate ice cream.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jgfdshjv :: patterson :: annie r :: Patty :: licia :: Brooke F :: Amy R :: 13elkis :: Heather :: Susan L :: christina :: sonya s :: Patsy :: Cclover :: Helen :: DREA :: qwe :: ANGELA :: Kathy Wallace :: prettygirl