Prep time :
- Air-tight containers with lids
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Scent sources such as:
- Herbs: 15 mint leaves or 1/4 cup culinary lavender
- Citrus: (zest of 1 lemon, lime and orange)
- 1 vanilla bean
- Prepare your scent. For mint, chop leaves and place in a bowl; crush or muddle with back of a spoon to release oils. For lavender, make a sachet for lavender out of cheesecloth. Or place lavender in sugar, (as shown in this photo). Remember to strain out lavender when you are ready to use sugar. For citrus, zest fruit. For vanilla, cut bean into several pieces.
- Mix in sugar. (15 mint leaves to 2 cups sugar, zest from 1 lemon, lime, or orange to 2 cups sugar, 1 vanilla bean to 2 cups sugar, sachet with 1/4 cup lavender to 2 cups sugar).
- Close container and store in a dark place for 2 weeks.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Check out our variety of flavored sugar combinations in the Kid’s Kitchen.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: casey :: kimberly mccants :: jmie :: Meme :: Tanya Stanley :: Vickie :: Tsavannah :: Rosie :: tiffany menchaca :: cynthia k :: Leigh S :: Keiko M :: jt3 :: Cali :: Brandy K :: Fran B :: Shannon :: mccauleysondra :: JHow :: hmpearson