Prep time :
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- Measure equal parts water and sugar.
- Stir on stove-top and allow mixture to boil. Stir continuously.
- Once sugar is fully dissoved, remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- When cool, your simply syrup is ready to use. Store in an air-tight jar in refrigerator for up to one month.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- Simple Syrup can be made in a variety of flavors and strengths. For a syrup with a richer molasses flavor, subsitute turbinado or brown sugar for granulated sugar.
- You can get creative and flavor your simple syrup with fruits, herbs and even vegetables.
- For "Rich Simple Syrup", which is thicker and sweeter, up ratio of sugar to water to 2:1. For a less intense sweet, use a 1:2 ratio of sugar to water.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: SHELIA CONEY :: Brenda :: shirley r. :: karenbrown8686 :: Pajdib X :: Food and my iPhone :: Brittany :: tanya :: nkbell :: Malinda :: RobinV :: sakimabe :: Diana Laplante :: MWendel :: Bindu :: Karrina Wood :: ewright :: vickie f :: Jenna :: Holly Sexton