Blueberry Margarita Sorbet
Prep time :
Freeze 3 hours or more
- 4 cups blueberries (about 2 pints)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Simmer briefly, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a blender, combine blueberries with 1/2 cup of the sugar syrup until very smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pushing liquid through with a spatula or spoon. Discard solids.
- Stir in lemon juice, tequila, and a small pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least a few hours or up to overnight.
- Remove sorbet mixture from refrigerator and quickly whisk until smooth. Churn sorbet in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer-safe container, tightly seal, and freeze until ready to serve.
- Allow sorbet to soften briefly to help with scooping and for best texture.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: courtney A :: Kathy D :: Kimberly M :: traveh :: JudyD :: LENORA :: CurtisTroy :: Ang P :: Elyse :: chefleta :: Chef Roots :: Veronica S :: Jimi Ann :: Lauren :: Linda Rushton :: qweqwrr :: Auny :: Shake :: Kim H :: Rhonda S