Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 cups pureed fresh cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white or brown rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To make syrup, heat water and sugar until sugar dissolves. Place in refrigerator while you make puree.
- Cut cantaloupe in half, wrap and chill one half of melon for another use if too large for your needs.
- Scoop melon away from rind. Chop and deseed melon, then place in blender. Puree the melon until you have approximately 5 cups.
- Add chilled syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and rum, and salt. Add or subtract to taste. Bear in mind, this puree does not have a lot of flavor, so use your judgement.
- Add to ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions for freezing. Freeze until ready to serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Joe :: Julie Graham :: Kathleen Hudson :: MorganSchwall :: Gina :: shannonjury :: AudreyG :: Lula Greene :: Sheila Sowell :: Tiffany :: Grace M :: Suz :: Sheri L :: pat :: Pluce :: Amanda M :: Amanda :: MLLLA :: drigsby90 :: JR