Cherry Chocolate Chip Popsicles
Prep time :
4 hours freeze time
- 4 cups fresh pitted sweet cherries
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 8 ounces cherry Greek yogurt or yogurt of your choice
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In medium sauce pan, heat cherries, sugar, water and salt to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool about 10 minutes.
- Place in blender, add lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Alternate placing 1/2 teaspoon of Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon cherry puree until popsicle mold is about 3/4 full. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips. Using a straw, skewer, or end of a spoon, mix until you start to see swirls.
- Place in freezer for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen through.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: chatagan :: Miessa :: Isabel T :: joe :: aperkins :: Debbie :: Deena :: Melinda :: sford :: Elaine F :: egalindo :: kathy :: mej :: Carol :: Pico :: tbone :: jen :: am :: denomichelle :: ChefKimberly