Green Tea Coconut Ice Cream
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 hours or more + Freeze time
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and matcha powder; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, whole milk, sugar and salt until scalding. Stir in egg yolks, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth or fine sieve and add to heavy cream mixture, whisking to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 25 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Chung-Ah Rhee @damndelicious.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: bunneygladin :: Cassie Mills :: lore xiong :: Willette :: Clara F :: Patti Soares :: tra :: Madonna :: Kathy D :: Megan Garner :: Angie H :: Janice :: diane :: Ashley :: MichelleH :: Stephanie Green :: Chele0420 :: Donna C :: Hello :: rachaels