Rocky Road Ice Cream
Prep time :
Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 12 ounces high quality dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat half and half, sugar and cocoa powder to a simmer.
- Whisk egg yolks then begin to slowly pour the half and half into egg yolks to temper them. Return mixture to pot and constantly stir over medium heat until thickened, being sure not to boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Add cream, and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Just before storing fold in the marshmallows, almonds and chocolate chips.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lindsey :: jenya ninaquispe :: Deepa P :: Patience :: Mae :: JENNIFER DOVER :: Ano1Tch :: Tracy1501 :: CARRIE K. :: SAM :: San Ricks Coupons :: April C :: Sarah :: Diana :: Cheryl M :: liz s :: Prissy Christi :: chefval :: Me! :: Liz81