Prep time :
3 hours to chill
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- Optional: Fresh mint springs
- Place watermelon into a blender and puree. Add lemon juice and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Into a heavy bottom pan add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Whisk until sugar is incorporated. Continue cooking until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- After chilled, mix simple syrup (approximately 3/4 cup) with pureed watermelon. Pour mixture through a sieve and into your ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to freezer appropriate container until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: All ingredients should be chilled before placing into ice cream maker.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Nichelle C :: Jo G :: diane madara :: logan :: LauraEvers :: NatashaMarie :: Joan P :: Faith B :: sheri morgan :: gigi :: Sharon S :: susan :: monica :: eboni :: tandy heaton :: davisfam5 :: Sugardaddy :: Mayella F :: gabriel :: Sarah P