Mango Lime Sorbet
Prep time :
4 - 6 servings
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup filtered or spring water
- 4 - 5 large very ripe mangos
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- Boil sugar and water for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Place pan in a bowl filled with ice cubes to chill syrup.
- Depending on size you may not need all mangos. Peel and cut a few very ripe mangos in very small pieces to obtain 3 1/2 cups.
- Add lime juice and place in blender. Blend until super smooth puree is obtained. If needed add some chilled syrup to make blending easier.
- Combine with remaining syrup and place in freezer until very cold before churning. Pre-chilling mango sorbet mixture will shorten churning process resulting in smoother sorbet.
- Pour very cold mixture in ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers directions.
- Before serving, if desired grate a small amount of lime zest on sorbet.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: SAM :: JWolcott :: kricks :: Patricia S :: Lynn :: wa_e7 :: LAUREN :: phil :: D F :: mandy mccain :: macrame :: SHANNON F :: guzmantata :: Crissy :: Randy :: Chris S :: Sherika :: Donna W :: Tip22 :: VANESSIA WILLLIAMSON