- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until combined. Fold in apple pieces.
- In a deep fryer or deep pot heat oil to 375°F. Drop large spoonfuls of dough into oil. Allow to brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from oil and drain. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle liberally over fritters.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.