Chocolate Cherry Cannoli
Prep time :
Strain ricotta overnight
Chill mixture 1-2 hours
10 - 20 cannolis, depending on size
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 10-20 cannoli shells, store bought
- 7 ounces dried or fresh cherries, finely chopped
- Strain ricotta in a cheesecloth overnight. And chill until most moisture is gone. If using fresh cherries, chop in advance and strain.
- Combine drained ricotta, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined. Fold in vanilla, melted chocolate and cherries. Chill for several hours before piping into cannoli shells.
- Dust completed cannoli with cocoa powder or powdered sugar to finish. If desired, garnish ends with finely chopped chocolate.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: chefchris :: Katriya james :: ksicklmt :: Kim S :: tim m :: CC :: Coco :: Jrae :: patricia :: Regina :: Shainnia Stroder :: Sue :: Jennifer R :: February :: mariam :: S K W :: JC :: cyndi keavin :: btrip :: Krystal Bradford