Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
40 - 48 eclairs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed medium saucepan, bring milk, water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Once mixture is at a rolling boil, add all of flour at once, reduce heat to medium and start to stir mixture quickly with a wooden spoon. After one minute, reduce heat to low and stir for 3 more minutes. Dough will be smooth and shiny.
- Transfer dough into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat dough for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for one minute after each egg has been added. The dough will separate, but will come back together after some time.
- Place dough into a piping bag with a once inch opening. Pipe dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. Use a moistened finger to touch up any jagged dough edges, if necessary.
- Bake eclairs for 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Rotate pans halfway through baking time.
- Once cooled, fill with creme chantilly or pastry cream and top with ganache, as desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: aisha :: Sonja :: Ashley Isaacs :: MonAlmond :: cheftJean :: Phat :: Robyn Cole :: CheffDelois :: Lisa S :: Kbsmom03 :: diane hess :: smontgomery :: Phyllis :: Maria Maraz :: Ang Date :: Ellen P. :: Lisa :: Nancy F Lambert :: Jen J :: Lin