Palmiers or Elephant Ears
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:11 to 0:12
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Gel food coloring of choice
- For tinted sugar, place 1/2 cup sugar into a baggie and add 3 - 5 drops of the desired color. Mix, shake, and massage sugar for even saturation. Let colored sugar dry overnight on a paper towel.
- To make Palimers, preheat oven to 450°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle work area with 1/2 cup sugar and lay puff pastry over top. Cover with the remaining 1/2 cup tinted sugar. Roll puff pastry out to a 12-inch rectangle, pressing sugar into the dough.
- Carefully roll the short ends toward the center. (The dough should look like a butterfly.) Cut 1-inch slices off of the roll and place on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 400°F and flip cookies over. Continue to bake for another 5 to 6 minutes, watching them carefully so they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- The sugar will be HOT, so be careful when handling right out of the oven.
- Store in an airtight container away from humidity.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Karen Granrud @PintSizedBaker.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: kishachaplin :: catcat :: Heather W :: Heather B :: Henry :: Beaver47 :: PC McConnell :: tammy gattoni :: cheryll jeffers :: viceads :: Soup :: LM :: Robert G :: Jennifer Mercer :: jakkia w :: wlc316 :: Levi Miley :: debbie s :: Jean :: teri