- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 package puff pastry (semi thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, buttered and toasted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy. Add sugar. Once sugar is well blended, add canned pumpkin. Mix well and add vanilla extract. Slow mixer and add pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Add flour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and allow to cool. Add to pumpkin cream cheese mixture. Blend on medium high until well combined.
- OPTIONAL: Chop pecans and mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes or until pecans begin to turn brown. Remove from oven or toaster oven and allow to cool completely. Set aside.
- Lay out puff pastry. There should be 3 visible panels. Cut the pastry down the middle length wise (right to left) and then cut along the folded seams. You should have 12 pieces.
- Place each piece on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place about 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie mixture into middle of puff pastry.
- OPTIONAL: spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of pecan mixture on top of pie mixture. Fold pastry over (top corners to bottom corners) and seal by pressing down on the seams and then brushing with an egg white wash.
- Brush egg white on top of each piece.
- Bake for about 15–18 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden brown. While pastries are cooking, place 6 ounce dark chocolate in a plastic bag and 6 ounce of white chocolate in a separate plastic bag. Place in microwave for about 20 seconds. Remove from microwave, if it’s not melted completely put in for another 5 seconds or so. Allow chocolates to cool but not harden.
- In a small bowl take 1/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix. Once puff pastries are cool, use a sifter and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar / cinnamon mixture on top.
- Take one bag of chocolate and cut a small portion of corner of bag off. Drizzle back and forth over puff pastry. Repeat with other bag of chocolate.
This Pumpkin Pie Puffs recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.