- 1 Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 jar (12-16 oz) apple butter
- 5-7 Granny Smith apples
- Few tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Individual tart pans range from 2 inch to 3.75 inch in diameter. (However, this recipe will work with any size.) Place 8 individual tart pans or tart rings on a parchment lined cookie sheet and set aside.
- Divide chilled pie dough in 8 equal pieces. Keep pieces in a refrigerator until ready to roll. On a lightly floured surface roll one piece of dough at a time slightly less than 1/8 inch thick.
- Lay dough onto a tart pan and press dough well into the bottom corners. Press dough onto sides. Roll your rolling pin over the top of the tart pan to remove excess dough. Press the dough on the interior walls of the tart pan to make them stick about 1/8 inch over sides.
- Repeat with all tart pans and set aside.
- In a bowl rapidly whisk together egg and melted butter, whisk in sugar, vanilla and salt and set aside.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple butter into each tart pan and set aside.
- Peel apples one at a time (depending on tart pan size you may not need all of them), cut in 4 quarters and remove core. Cut each quarter lengthwise in 5-6 slices.
- Place apple slices in an overlapping style and well packed into tart pan (apples shrink after baking, therefore fill as high as possible)
- Pour the sauce (egg-sugar-butter mixture) evenly over apples.
- Place tarts in oven and bake until apples are generously golden with brown edges, about 20-25 minutes.
- If desired serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.