- 40 premade frozen phyllo cups
- 2 tart apples, peeled and small diced
- 2 sweet apples, peeled and small diced
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 5 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, in small cubes
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking pan with phyllo cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, sugar and spices. Allow to macerate for 15 minutes while preparing crumble topping.
- To make crumble topping, rub all ingredients together with your fingers or a pastry cutter, until it resembles sand.
- Spoon pie filling evenly into each phyllo cup, then top with crumble. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Remove from oven and serve warm or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.