- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 5 large fresh lemons, squeezed
- 2 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 10 tablespoons real lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tablespoon yellow food color, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Using a hand-held mixer, blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into pie shells and bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let pies cool for 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftover pies.
This Donna McGee's Homemade Lemon Pie recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.