- 1/4 cup (adjust as necessary) Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1-16 oz jar/can red tart cherries, drained (reserve juice)
- 1-12 oz jar/can unsweetened peaches, drained (reserve juice)
- 1-9 inch graham cracker crust (below)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced candied almonds
- Up to 1/3 cup each of the reserved juices
- Graham Cracker Crust 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham cracker sheets) 3 Tablespoons oil or butter 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon In a food processor, process crackers and cinnamon into fine crumbles. Add the butter and process to combine. Pour the now-sticky crumbs into a prepared (greased) pie pan, and press down very firmly with your hands to cover bottom and as far up the sides as you can. There’s no need to pre-bake; just pour desired pie filling on top and then bake the pie according to the recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the peaches up into cherry-size pieces. Stir cherries and peaches together in a bowl.
- Mix together sugar, cherry juice, peach juice, and almond extract in a bowl. The reserved cherry juice should thicken this mixture nicely. If not, add in 1 tbsp cornstarch and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring until it comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly, poor it over the chopped fruit and toss together. Pour the fruit and juice mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle the candied almonds on top and dot with small pieces of butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving. Serve with homemade vanilla ice cream.
This Paleo Cherry Peach Pie recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.