Impossible Buttermilk Pie
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:55 to 0:60
One 9-inch pie
- One 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat or regular buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Best results are obtained by prebaking graham crust. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs until well blended. Melt butter and add to eggs. Whisk in sugar and combine well.
- Sift and mix in flour. Add buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg. Pour in pre-baked crust and return to oven for about 55-60 minutes or until center no longer trembles when pie is tapped.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mona :: Trisha M :: ken :: Nikisha :: Alison M :: Josephine S :: melmathis :: jnette :: Jessica :: Pamela L :: lashanda :: Tammy Barnett :: Josh O :: heather thomas :: asdfa :: cathy knowles :: ithaki2 :: Jen :: TwinMom :: Laura B