Lemon Citrus Curd Tarts
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 lemons
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) mini frozen phyllo pastry shells, thawed
- Blueberries, whipping cream
- Optional: Fresh mint
- Zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Juice lemons, lime and orange juice; pour into measuring cup to measure 1 cup. Mix sugar, lemon peel and juices in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Stir in butter and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for about 8 minutes until mixture thickens and coats back of a spoon and reaches a temperature of 180°F (do not boil).
- Pour into clean bowl or 1 cup glass containers. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Fill phyllo tarts with chilled lemon citrus curd. Garnish with blueberries and whipped cream and a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Serve remaining curd with scones or muffins.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Valerie Stacy :: Tanesia Brown :: Tonya :: Charlotte M :: Melissa A :: vshivar :: joanna miles :: LeslieH :: KayKay :: arlene e :: Jimbo B :: MawmawMary :: Veronica S :: Renee4901 :: heidipcm :: Renee Armstrong :: shirley :: lynn :: skullmaid :: Michelle Duke