Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or more until set
One 9-inch pie
- One 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or concentrated orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream (preferred) or whipped topping
- 1 pint strawberries for garnish
Whipped Crème / Crème Chantilly
- 1/2 cup heavy cream-very cold
- 2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cream cheese and sugar on low speed until very well blended. Scrape bowl well.
- Add lime juice, lime zest and liquor or concentrate.
- In a separate bowl whip heavy cream if using until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream or whipped topping into cheese mixture. Do not over-fold. Spread into pie shell and place in refrigerator for at least 2 1/2 hours or until set.
- For whipped cream, use a cold bowl and whip together cream, sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form.
- Decorate pie with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Sprinkle with Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Dawn :: Melody :: Susan T :: Danielle :: dan :: Sarah Dingley :: brannn :: Tiffany S :: wheller :: Kelli M :: JWooten :: melittleton1 :: hamburgerdan :: Jennifer Ozack :: Ed F :: AmyD :: Taloria :: Rene J :: Bob W :: Corine