Sweet Tea Lemon Icebox Pie
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate 4 hours or more
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 2 tea bags
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crust: combine crumbs, brown sugar, lemon zest and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Pie: Place tea bags in hot water and let steep 10 to 15 minutes. Remove tea bags; reserving water.
- Place water in a medium bowl. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice. Add eggs; mixing until combined. Stir in whipping cream, granulated sugar and brown mixing until well blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Topping: Beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Topping can be browned with a blow torch for an added flourish.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Denise R :: Judy :: Christina Tavener :: Ashley B :: Denitra :: Dana R :: Beverly Hudson :: ashley :: CindiSparks :: bigmama005 :: Ronald Rushton :: Dixie :: mia :: Amanda B :: randy :: kandi :: MissPriss :: tsanes1414 :: Brandon C :: NadyaB