Texas Pecan Pie
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:45 to 0:55
One 9-inch pie
- One 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 pouches (1 1/2 cups) Dixie Crystals Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare or thaw a 9-inch piecrust. Place on a foil or parchment lined cookie tray for easy clean up after baking. Pour pecan halves or pieces in pie shell and set aside.
- Using a whisk combine evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and melted butter. Whisk in brown sugar and granulated sugar and combine well. Pour filling over pecans; pecans will float to surface.
- Place in oven at 400°F. After 10 minutes reduce heat to 350°F and bake until center no longer trembles, about 35-45 minutes.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: ladyp92 :: Chris Marion :: kristin hills :: Debra Harmon :: Sandra H :: Claudia DelPino :: janet :: Bbutts :: cris morris :: moneysave :: Leah :: Ashley :: fannieb :: Kahy S :: Nancy :: margaret :: MommaR :: A D :: joan :: Lindsay M