Butterscotch Crème Brûlée
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:40 to 0:50
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar in a few tablespoon amounts waiting for previous added amount to be nearly melted. When all sugar has been added the mixture will become thick and sugar will no longer melt. Ensure that mixture does not create smoke.
- Immediately add heavy cream, being careful that it will not run over the edges of pan.
- Heat until warm or nearly hot, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of heated mixture to egg yolks and whisk rapidly. Gradually add remaining heated mixture to yolks.
- Place ramekins into a roasting pan. Pour crème brûlée mixture into ramekins. Pour water into roasting pan until it comes halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Place in oven and bake until center of ramekins no longer tremble. About 40 to 50 minutes, time will depend on depth of ramekins used.
- When cool enough to handle remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and cover surface of crème brûlée with a thin even coating of granulated sugar.
- Torch surface using a blow torch to melt and consequently caramelize sugar.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Denise Young Y :: Sarah S :: Rachael L :: MizzGlow :: KWalrod :: Dedra Brown :: Cherylene :: Latarsha W :: yolandawillams :: carmelo vazquez :: Sheryl H :: juliettcollins :: Dawn C :: wendypeace :: NHARRIS :: Bspence :: Aleasha :: aaronlandry88 :: kristi wilder :: Christy