Prep time :
Chill for 1-2 hours
6-8 medium sized bowls
- Chop chocolate in small pieces and set aside.
- In a cold bowl whip heavy cream to a thickened consistency (once the whip leaves thick marks into the cream it has been whipped enough); do not whip cream as thick as you would to serve with pies or other desserts. Whipping cream too stiff will result in lesser final volume and a heavy textured chocolate mousse.
- In a small cup combine gelatin and water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Bring milk to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in the gelatin followed by the chocolate. Whisk until the mixture is very smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl large enough to hold chocolate mixture and whipped cream.
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold in cream. Do not over-fold as this will cause the mousse to become heavy.
- Pour mousse into serving bowls or glasses. Place in refrigerator.
- Allow to set for several hours.
- If desired, grate a small piece of chocolate on a cheese grater and sprinkle on surface.
- Finish with Crème Chantilly and fresh fruit, if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Michele :: brianmayo :: Diana M :: Teresa :: Mina Diaz :: C Holland :: Shigemi F :: Michelle F :: KAY LAMMIE :: Jenice G :: Teresa :: Nichole B :: Jennifer :: Kelli :: Karen :: maria s :: Angela K. Winters :: rcduncan :: bb :: Jenn